Capital Metro is Austin's regional public transportation provider. We've been around since 1985, and work every day to give residents, commuters and visitors the best possible transit options available to match their busy everyday lives.
We're always on the move, connecting people with jobs, schools, restaurants, shops, festivals and other great places to hang out. In fact, we have over 32 million boardings every year.
Take advantage of all the extraordinary things Austin has to offer and try Capital Metro.
Throughout our network, we provide you with
- 50 Metro routes, two MetroRapid routes, eight Express routes and 19 UT shuttle routes.
- 3,000 bus stops throughout Central Texas.
- MetroRail passenger rail service between the City of Leander and downtown Austin.
- Nine MetroRail stations located along a 32-mile line.
- MetroAccess service for passengers with disabilities.
- Vanpool coordination through RideShare service.
- Freight rail service.
- Seven MetroBike shelters at MetroRail and MetroRapid stations.
- Cycling partnership programs.
- Mobile ticketing
Our goal is to make transit easy and affordable, fun and worry-free. We place a high value on giving riders excellent and friendly service, a first-rate rider experience, and transit choices people want the most. To sum it up: