Capital Metro is Austin's regional public transportation provider. We've been around since 1985, and work every day to give residents, commuters and visitors the best possible transit options available to match their busy everyday lives.
We're always on the move, connecting people with jobs, schools, restaurants, shops, festivals and other great places to hang out. In fact, we have over 32 million boardings every year.
Take advantage of all the extraordinary things Austin has to offer and try Capital Metro.
Throughout our network, we provide you with
- 50 Metro routes, eight Express routes and 19 UT shuttle routes
- 3,000 bus stops throughout Central Texas
- MetroRail passenger rail service between the City of Leander and downtown Austin
- Nine MetroRail stations located along a 32-mile line
- MetroAccess service for passengers with disabilities
- Van and carpool coordination
- Freight rail service
- MetroBike shelter at Kramer Station
- Cycling partnership programs
Our goal is to make transit easy and affordable, fun and worry-free. We place a high value on giving riders excellent and friendly service, a first-rate rider experience, and transit choices people want the most. To sum it up:
Our vision is to be a driving force for quality life in our community.
We strive to live that vision every day.
Learn all the stats about us here.