Covered, secure overnight and daytime storage for your bike.
You love your effortless, on-time ride with MetroRail or MetroRapid, but we know you have another sweet ride of the two-wheel variety. We want to show your bike some love, too, with our seven MetroBike Shelters conveniently located at popular MetroRail and MetroRapid stations.
MetroBike Shelter is at your service when:
- you don't feel like standing with your bike on the train, or you're feeling crowded (1 person with a bike = the space of 4 people standing).
- you know the trains are going to be packed or the bus racks are likely to be full.
- you don't want to leave your bike out in the rain or blazing sun.
- you just don't feel like lugging your two-wheeled baby all the way home, to work, or both.
Shelter features include:
- Secured, limited card key access. (Use your bike lock inside)
- Fully enclosed bike parking for up to 24 bikes.
- Open 5:00 a.m. - 2:30 a.m. seven days a week.
- 24-hour camera surveillance.
- Sitting area for changing shoes, etc.
- Air pump, work stand and tools for minor bike repairs.
- Secure access to all seven of our MetroBike shelters for the introductory price of $30/year
Secure card access:
MetroBike cards can only be purchased online, and your new card will be mailed to you. (Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery)
Your MetroBike access card is ready when it arrives in the mail. Swipe your card over the red light to the left of the door and you're in. Note the expiration date on the back. Keep your card when it is time to renew.
Renewing your Card
Your card will automatically shut off on the expiration date until you renew. You can renew online just like your original purchase. When you receive your renewal, just peel off the old image of the bike and replace it with the new one. Keep the card with your account number.
MetroBike Shelter locations:
You can show your bike the love at these MetroRail Stations and MetroRapid Transit Centers.
- Kramer Station
- Lakeline Station
- MLK, Jr. Station
- Plaza Saltillo Station
- Highland Station
- Tech Ridge Park & Ride
- South Congress Transit Center