Capital Metro provides transit data, including real-time feeds of our bus and rail services, on the State of Texas Open Data Portal to promote transparency and encourage developer participation to create innovative apps that will help Central Texans use our services efficiently. This data is provided by Capital Metro and is available for everyone to use, explore, and share. The Portal has tools to easily search, filter, map, and visualize specific data sets for research, collaboration, and innovation.
A set of comma delimited text files containing schedule datafor all fixed route MetroBus lines, and MetroRail. The files use the General Transit Feed Specification, which is documented at https://developers.google.com/transit/gtfs/reference.
Keyhole Markup Language (Google Earth) files for each Capital Metro MetroBus route, as well as the routing for MetroRail.
ESRI Shapefile (GIS) files for each Capital Metro MetroBus route. All shapefiles are in Texas Central State Plane, NAD83 coordinate system.
ESRI Shapefile (GIS) file of the Capital Metro fixed route service area. The service area is comprised of member jurisdictions which contribute a portion of their tax revenue to Capital Metro. The shapefile is in Texas Central State Plane, NAD83 coordinate system.
ESRI Shapefile (GIS) file containing all current active bus stops, along with all MetroRail stations. The shapefile is in Texas Central State Plane, NAD83 coordinate system.
ESRI Shapefile (GIS) file of the MetroRail Red Line from Leander to downtown Austin. The shapefile is in Texas Central State Plane, NAD83 coordinate system.
Protocol buffer file of the latest Capital Metro detour service alerts.
Protocol buffer file of the latest Capital Metro vehicle locations.
Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority (CMTA) hereby grants you (Licensee) non-exclusive, limited and revocable rights to use, reproduce, and redistribute CMTA Data (Data) hosted on the Socrata (http://www.socrata.com/) platform on data.texas.gov portal subject to the following Terms:
- This data may include one or more of the following: CMTA Vehicle Location data, CMTA Service Alerts data, CMTA Trip Update Data, General Transit Feed Specification (“GTFS”) formatted data sets, Scheduled Service data, and Maps data.
- CMTA trademarks and copyrighted materials, including any confusingly similar variants, may not be used in association with Data.
- Data is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. CMTA makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied. CMTA disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. CMTA and its employees, officers, directors and agents will not be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use of Data including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.
- CMTA reserves the right to alter and/or no longer provide Data at any time without prior notice.
- CMTA maintains title, ownership, rights and interest in and to Data.
By using CMTA Data, you agree to be bound by all of the Terms and Conditions set forth in this agreement.
The laws of the State of Texas shall govern all rights and obligations under this Agreement, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between CMTA and Licensee with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior oral or written understandings, communications, or agreements not specifically incorporated herein. CMTA reserves the right to modify or revoke this agreement at any time by posting a revised Agreement as CMTA deems necessary. Your continued use of any CMTA Data constitutes acceptance of those changes.