Did you know you could go to work and back for a whole month for as little as $60?
Plus, you get to use our vans, our gas - and we’ll even pay the insurance for you.
Interested? Here’s how it works:
Recruit people who live and work in the same area as you.
Our RideShare team helps by giving you referrals through our computerized rideshare matching system. Here are some things to let prospective riders know:
- It costs $60 a month per rider for vans that operate within the Capital Metro service area.
- Outside our service area, it’s $60 a month plus an extra rate based on the amount of mileage.
- People don’t have to ride every day, but they do have to commit to three days a week.
- If someone can’t ride because of vacation, illness or business travel, no worries. Those days don’t count.
- If you ride in a vanpool, you can also get a free monthly bus pass (on request).
- Riders get more precious time every day to relax. Could you use an extra hour or two a day to unwind?
If you’re looking for incentives to be the driver, how about these:
- You don’t have to pay the monthly charge.
- You can enjoy limited personal use of the van for errands, lunch and appointments.
When you have at least six vanpool members, contact the RideShare office.
Capital Metro will set you up with everything you need to get rolling. Our vans can carry from 8 to 12 passengers in comfort, and your group determines what route and schedule they’d prefer.
Maybe you’d prefer to join a vanpool already operating. That works too.
To learn about existing vanpools in your area, call us at 477-RIDE (512-477-7433) 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and we’ll do our best to help you find a match.
One Last Note
Besides being a great deal, vanpools really do help reduce traffic congestion and air pollution, and improve the traffic flow on city streets and freeways. That’s a big plus for everyone.