Service Adjustment Update
Capital Metro has implemented temporary changes to our service designed to promote public health and accommodate the social distancing advised by governmental and medical authorities. We're operating a modified level of service that accommodates our customers and serves our community's larger needs.
These modifications will not be reflected in our online Trip Planner or the CapMetro App immediately. See below for individual schedules. MetroAccess service will operate with service boundaries mirroring our adjusted schedules.
Updated: 3/30/2020 at 9 a.m.
Schedule Changes at a Glance
- CapMetro will charge no fares for riding any of our transit services in the month of April in an effort to protect our operators and our customers. This move will encourage social distancing by enabling customers to board the bus through the rear door and avoid direct contact with the operators.
- Most MetroBus and MetroRapid services are operating their normal Sunday schedules. For detailed route information, visit our Schedules and Maps and select an individual route page.
- Metrorail is operating its Monday-Friday daytime schedule, with no Saturday service and no Late-Night trips on Friday.
- The new Route 455 Leander Shuttle will supplement the reduced weekend MetroRail service for Leander customers. It will operate Saturdays between Leander and Lakeline Stations.
- Some MetroFlyer routes are operating reduced versions of their weekday schedules.
- Most MetroExpress routes have suspended service, effective Monday, March 30.
- Night Owl routes are not operating.
- The on-demand Pickup service operates between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- MetroAccess service operates with service boundaries mirroring our adjusted schedules.
- UT Shuttle service will not operate while the shelter-in-place order is in effect. UT Shuttle riders should use the Trip Planner online or on the CapMetro App to find alternative bus service.
A few other routes will operate different schedules. Those exceptions are:
How to Board Your Bus
Customers may board their bus through the rear door. Those paying with cash must use the front door of the bus, and all others may enter the bus using the rear door.