It's Go Time! Capital Metro's Project Connect is a transformational expansion of the region's public transit system, and it's designed to improve access to essential jobs, health care, and education - making our communities more livable, equitable, and sustainable.
Established as an independent organization, the Austin Transit Partnership (ATP) will guide the Project Connect investment with transparency and accountability throughout the program.
Stay tuned as we begin our next steps and help shape the future of our community for generations to come.
About Austin Transit Partnership
- Approve board officers, adoption of bylaws and approval of annual budget
- Approve future interlocal agreements and joint powers agreement
- Oversight of design, construction and implementation of Project Connect’s projects
- Implement the program in accordance with the Project Connect map and associated sequencing plan as approved by CapMetro and city of Austin
- Approve financing, design, engineering and construction contracts, as well as real estate and vehicle acquisition contracts
- Approve grant agreement and interlocal agreement with city of Austin for funding anti-displacement strategies
- Provide regular updates to CapMetro and city of Austin
- Draft articles of incorporation, bylaws and full interlocal agreement | Contract with the Voters | CapMetro Funding and Commitment Resolution
Technical Reference Documents:
- Locally Preferred Alternatives: Final reports from April 2020 that detail the major proposed services and routes
(Blue/Gold Line LPA Summary | Orange Line LPA Summary | MetroRapid Corridors LPA Summary)
- Previous presentations from special joint sessions between the Austin City Council and Capital Metro Board:
January 2020 | March 2020 | June 2020 | July 2020 | August 2020
The Austin Transit Partnership Board of Directors is responsible for oversight of design, construction and implementation of the Project Connect program. Community expert members of the ATP Board must be a resident of the City of Austin. The appointees by the City of Austin and the Capital Metro Board of Directors must be residents of either the City of Austin or the Capital Metro service area.
To apply, please email a resume and letter of interest (maximum 2 pages) detailing relevant experience to ATP.Board@austintransitpartnership.org. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on December 2, 2020. Tentative interview dates for potential Board members will be the afternoon of December 4 and 9.
See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
We are now seeking qualified individuals to fill roles throughout the Austin Transit Partnership team. Click here to review our current job openings.
Get in touch via email or phone and follow along via social media for Austin Transit Partnership news.