To reduce crowded vehicles, we have increased service on our high-frequency routes. We also recommend avoiding riding at peak times by taking an earlier or later trip.
CapMetro & COVID-19
We’re here for you with answers and support as we all navigate the ongoing pandemic together. CapMetro has updated our safety and cleaning measures to ensure you can get where you need to go without adding extra stress to your trip. Whether you’re riding the train or catching your bus, our services continue to be the safe, convenient and affordable option you can count on.
CapMetro recommends all customers wear face masks while on transit vehicles. Face masks should cover your nose and mouth and attach around the ears. Though the federal requirement has been rescinded, we encourage riders wear a mask while on CapMetro vehicles.
Your Ride to Receive the Vaccine
Need curb-to-curb transportation to your vaccine appointment? We are offering free rides to and from vaccination sites using our MetroAccess vehicles.
Stay Up-to-Date on Our COVID-19 Response
- Electrostatic cleaning. This advanced cleaning process sprays electrostatically charged mist throughout the vehicle to ensure surfaces are sanitized.
- Air purifiers. Installed on board our vehicles, these devices utilize safe levels of naturally occurring hydroperoxides to eliminate 99% of germs, microbes, viruses and bacteria in air and on surfaces to increase air quality and safety for ridership.
- Cashless and contact-free payment. CapMetro has introduced new ways to pay to allow customers to ride even more safely and easily. Learn more about buying fares using the CapMetro App, cash to mobile and with our brand new Tap cards.
- Masks recommended for staff and customers. While wearing a mask is your choice now that federal regulation have changed, we encourage face masks for all customers and staff on buses and trains. CapMetro has them available in case you forget.
- Vinyl seat upgrades. In addition to our new cleaning technology, we have upgraded our seats from fabric covers to vinyl, making them easier to clean.
- Hand sanitizer. For your convenience, hand sanitizing stations are available on our vehicles to use as you enter and exit your ride.
- Wear a face mask when riding and waiting to ride. Face masks should cover your nose and mouth and attach around the ears
- Avoid riding at peak times and catch an earlier or later trip when possible
- Make contact-free fare payments using digital passes on the CapMetro App, cash to mobile or our new Tap cards
- Use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the vehicle
- Stay at home if you’re feeling sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19
If you have a disability that affects your ability to wear a face mask, please contact Martin Kareithi, our Director of Systemwide Accessibility, to request a reasonable modification. Call 512-389-7583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most MetroBus and MetroRapid services are operating their normal schedules. MetroRapid late-night service has been reduced (Monday-Saturday until 12:30 a.m. | Sunday until 11:30 p.m). For detailed route information, visit our Schedules and Maps and select an individual route page.
- Most MetroExpress routes have been reinstated, though Route 981 and Route 987 remain suspended.
- Some MetroFlyer routes are operating reduced versions of their weekday schedules.
- Night Owl routes are operating their normal schedules.
- The on-demand Pickup service operates weekdays, beginning at 6 or 7 a.m. depending on the zone and ending at 7 p.m. Pickup service is extended to Saturdays (10 a.m. - 6 p.m.) for the following zones: Dessau, Leander, Walnut Creek, East ATX and Northeast ATX.
- MetroAccess service operates with service boundaries mirroring our adjusted schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
At this time, federal regulations do not require customers to wear face masks while on transit vehicles, but we encourage riders continue to do so. The face masks should cover your nose and mouth and attach around the ears.
Most CapMetro services are operating on a modified schedule, including MetroBus, MetroRapid, MetroExpress and MetroRail.