CapMetro in the Community
Capital Metro is using any available resources to help our community in whatever way we can during this public health emergency. With the reduced levels of service being offered now, our MetroAccess team has formed partnerships with community businesses to ensure those with the most need receive the food and household goods they need.
Help at Home Kits
H-E-B and CapMetro join the Central Texas Food Bank to support Central Texans with the most need.
Capital Metro is working with H-E-B to help the Central Texas Food Bank make sure our community is taken care of amid the current public health crisis.
Our MetroAccess service provides transportation for clients whose disabilities or medical conditions prevent them from using public transit. Many of them are in fragile health, and it's important they are able to stay at home to protect their health and safety, and not worry about how they will get basic necessities.
This partnership with H-E-B and the Central Texas Food Bank will provide Help-at-Home Kits to our MetroAccess clients free of charge. The kits will include shelf-stable items delivered to a customer's doorstep using our MetroAccess vehicles.
Help at Home Kits at a Glance:
- Available to MetroAccess customers who request a Help-at-Home kit.
- The Help-at-Home kits include shelf-stable items such as vegetables, beans, soup, fruit, tuna and peanut butter.
- MetroAccess vehicle operators will deliver the kits to the customer's door.
- To request a kit for delivery, customers must call 512-369-6050 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Limit 1 kit per MetroAccess customer per week.
- Available on a first requested, first served basis.
Stay Home, Stay Healthy Food Delivery
Good Apple and CapMetro are delivering fresh, healthy produce to our community.
We are working with local produce company Good Apple to launch the "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" food delivery program for at-risk groups, the elderly and the immunocompromised. Crises like these hit the most vulnerable among us the hardest, and food insecurity looms larger now than before.
This program is designed to minimize their exposure to the virus and promote effective social distancing. The MetroAccess team and Good Apple will deliver a week's worth of fresh produce and non-perishable items to certain households.
Stay Home, Stay Healthy at a Glance:
- Beginning Monday, April 6
- Must be age 55 or older or be immunocompromised to be eligible
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday deliveries from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. & 2-5 p.m.
- Tuesday/Thursday deliveries from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- 240 deliveries per day with an initial allotment of 2,000 meals
- Each household to receive deliveries proportional to number of residents
- To apply for delivery, visit Good Apple's application page
- Call 737-228-3558 with questions
Farmshare Austin Home Deliveries
CapMetro and Farmshare Austin are delivering fresh, healthy produce to our community.
Farmshare Austin is a nonprofit organic teaching farm in eastern Travis County for people who would like to learn farming techniques. Most of the produce grown on the farm is sold through a program funded primarily by Austin Public Health. Farmshare Austin partners with community health clinics, churches, schools and other community organizations to serve and low-income populations.
During the current public health crisis, they have begun to offer curbside deliveries, and CapMetro is happy to help serve our community through this new partnership.
Farmshare Austin Deliveries at a Glance:
- Beginning Wednesday, April 22.
- For SNAP recipients and other low-income individuals.
- The food is packed in paper bags and will include produce, non-perishable items and eggs.
- Deliveries on Wednesdays & Fridays.
- Deadline to order for Wednesday delivery is noon the Sunday before. For Friday deliveries, noon the prior Tuesday.
- Customers who have placed an order will be texted prior to drop-off.
- Orders will generally be paid ahead of time, and those deliveries will be contact-free.
- Cash and SNAP transactions will be completed with the customer and handled by Farmshare staff with minimum contact.