MetroBike secured bike parkingSign Up Today!
Every cyclist wants a happy home for their bike. We provide 7 of them for bike riders at our MetroBike Shelters, conveniently located at popular MetroRail stations and major transit centers.
Why use a shelter?
Maybe you're on the fence about using a shelter. Here are 5 common scenarios where it really helps:
- You don't feel like standing with your bike or being crowded.
- You want to leave your bike in a secure facility.
- You know a train or bus is going to have its racks filled.
- You don't want to leave your bike out in the weather.
- You want a break from lugging your bike back and forth to work.
What comes with a shelter?
- Secured, limited, card key access for $30/year
- Fully enclosed bike parking
- Long open hours: 5 a.m.-2:30 a.m., 7 days a week
- 24-hour camera surveillance
- Seating for changing shoes, etc.
- An air pump, work stand and tools for minor bike repairs
MetroBike Access Cards
MetroBike Access Cards provide secure, limited, card key access to MetroBike Shelters. You can sign up for membership online. Cards are mailed within 1-2 weeks after the order is placed.
How to use your card Swipe your card over the red light to the left of the door to open.
Renewing your card Each access card comes with an expiration date on the back. Your card will automatically shut off on that date unless you renew it online. Once you receive your renewal, peel off the old image of the bike and replace it with the new one.
MetroBike shelter locations
Here's where you can find a shelter along a MetroRail route or at a major transit center:
- Kramer Station
- Lakeline Station
- MLK Jr. Station
- Plaza Saltillo Station
- Highland Station
- Tech Ridge Park & Ride
- South Congress Transit Center
Note: Shelter use requires enrollment and a MetroBike Access Card.