The CapMetro board of directors works hard to stay in touch with all of the communities we serve. The board holds regular public meetings, which are streamed live, and the public is always welcome to attend to share ideas and feedback.
CapMetro Board Meetings in September:
- Wednesday, September 14 at 12:30 p.m. - operations committee meeting (agenda | agenda packet | video)
Public Comment Registration for CapMetro Board Meetings
Speakers may elect to speak in person or remotely during the Public Comment portion at the beginning of the meeting. You can register to speak by completing the Public Comment form outside the board room before the meeting or contacting CapMetro via email or phone (at 512-369-6040) by 9 a.m. the day of the meeting.
Each speaker will have 3 minutes to address the board on a single topic or 5 minutes if discussing more than one item. Non-English speakers requiring a translator will receive twice as much time to address the board. If more than one member of the public from a particular group is present and requests to comment, the chair may ask the group to select one representative to present the group’s view. That person will be allowed 5 minutes to speak.
It’s left to the board’s discretion to waive these procedures when necessary to conduct board meetings efficiently and effectively. CapMetro reserves the right to remove anyone who causes a disturbance at an open meeting or take other actions to promote an orderly meeting.
CapMetro Board Meeting Location and Streaming
Meetings are held in the Rosa Parks Board Room at CapMetro headquarters on East 5th Street.
For your convenience, board meetings are streamed live and full board meetings are televised on ATXN Channel 6. Videos of previous board meetings and public hearings, as well as backup material for each meeting, are located in the board archives
Full Board Meeting
|10 a.m.||12:30 p.m.||Noon|
|January||Wednesday, 1/12 (CANCELED)||Wednesday, 1/12 (NEW TIME)||Monday, 1/24|
|February||Monday, 2/14||Monday, 2/14 (CANCELED)||Monday, 2/28|
|March||Monday, 3/14 (CANCELED)||Monday, 3/14||Monday, 3/28|
|April||Wednesday, 4/13 (CANCELED)||Wednesday, 4/13||Monday, 4/25 (NEW TIME)|
|May||Wednesday, 5/11 (CANCELED)||Wednesday, 5/11||Monday, 5/23|
|June||Monday, 6/13||Monday, 6/13 (NEW TIME)||Monday, 6/27|
|July||Wednesday, 7/13||Wednesday, 7/13 (CANCELED)||Monday, 7/25 (NEW TIME)|
|August||Monday, 8/15||Monday, 8/15||Monday, 8/29|
|September||Wednesday, 9/14||Wednesday, 9/14||Monday, 9/26|
|October||Wednesday, 10/12||Wednesday, 10/12||Monday, 10/24|
|November||Wednesday, 11/9||Wednesday, 11/9||Monday, 11/21|
|December||Wednesday, 12/7||Wednesday, 12/7||Friday, 12/16|
All dates and times of the meetings are subject to change. Please see the posted agenda for changes to the order of business (e.g., public comments first, advisory reports second and regular business third). Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications are provided upon request. For more information, please call or email Ed Easton, board liaison at CCR-BOD@capmetro.org or 512-369-6040.
It is the policy of the board of directors that input from the public is encouraged. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while, permitting the board to conduct its meetings in an efficient and effective manner.
ADA COMPLIANCE; Reasonable modification and equal access to communications are provided upon request. Please call 512-369-6040 or e-mail CCR-BOD@capmetro.org if you need more information.
Board of directors meeting procedures:
- Members of the public may sign up to speak on any action item or topic outside the board meeting room prior to the board meeting. Copies of the posted board meeting agenda and request for comment forms will be available outside the board meeting room prior to the board meeting.
- Public comment on general topics will be received as the first item on the meeting agenda. Speakers may choose to address action items either during the public comment section at the beginning of the meeting or when an action item is before the board for consideration.
- Speakers who sign up to address an item on the consent agenda may address the board either during the public comment section at the beginning of the meeting or immediately prior to a vote on the consent agenda.
- Speakers will have 3 minutes to speak.
- Speakers who wish to address more than 1 action item or topic may request 5 minutes when they sign up to speak.
- If more than 1 member of a particular group has requested to speak, the group must select a single representative to present its view. In such a case, the group's representative will be allowed 5 minutes to speak.