The Capital Metro board of directors works hard to stay in touch with all of the communities we serve. The board holds regular public meetings, and the public is always welcome to attend to share ideas and feedback.
CapMetro Board Meetings in September:
- Wednesday, September 15 at 12:30 p.m. - operations committee meeting (agenda | agenda packet | video)
- Monday, September 27 at noon - board meeting (agenda | agenda packet | video)
Public Comment Registration for the September 15 Public Hearing and Committee Meetings
For the September 15 public hearing and committee meetings Public Comment will be taken both in-person and via videoconference. Advance registration is required.
All public comment will occur as follows:
- All speakers intending to participate via videoconference must register in advance by leaving a message at 512-369-6040, or by emailing email@example.com, and giving their name, a telephone number and email address where they can be reached prior to the meeting, as well as the subject of their comments. The deadline to register is 9 a.m. on Wednesday, September 15. (In-person speakers will not need to register in advance but are advised to show up a few minutes before the meeting starts.)
- Videoconference participants will be emailed a link to join the videoconference just after 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning. The videoconference portion of the meeting will be hosted using Microsoft Teams.
- Speakers will be recognized by the chair when it is their turn to speak. Each speaker will have 3 minutes to speak.
Full board meeting
|10 a.m.||12:30 p.m.||Noon|
|January||Wednesday, 1/13 (CANCELED)||Wednesday, 1/13 (CANCELED)||Monday, 1/25 at 12:30 p.m. (NEW TIME)|
|February||Wednesday, 2/10||Wednesday, 2/10||Monday, 2/22 (CANCELED)|
|March||Wednesday, 3/17 (CANCELED)||Wednesday, 3/17 (CANCELED)||Monday, 3/29|
|April||Wednesday, 4/14 (CANCELED)||Wednesday, 4/14||Monday, 4/26|
|May||Wednesday, 5/12||Wednesday, 5/12 at 1 p.m. (NEW TIME)||Monday, 5/24|
|June||Wednesday, 6/16 (CANCELED)||Wednesday, 6/16 (CANCELED)||Monday, 6/28|
|July||Wednesday, 7/14 (CANCELED)||Wednesday, 7/14||Monday, 7/19|
|August||Wednesday, 8/18||Wednesday, 8/18||Monday, 8/30|
|September||Wednesday, 9/15||Wednesday, 9/15||Monday, 9/27|
|October||Wednesday, 10/13||Wednesday, 10/13||Monday, 10/25|
|November||Wednesday, 11/10||Wednesday, 11/10||Monday, 11/22|
|December||Wednesday, 12/8||Wednesday, 12/8||Friday, 12/17|
All dates and times of the meetings are subject to change. Please see the posted agenda for changes to the order of business (e.g., public comments first, advisory reports second and regular business third). Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications are provided upon request. For more information, please call or email Ed Easton, board liaison at CCR-BOD@capmetro.org or 512-369-6040.
Due to the emergency measures put in place for the COVID-19 pandemic, 2021 meetings will continue to be held online via Teams.
It is the policy of the board of directors that input from the public is encouraged. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while, permitting the board to conduct its meetings in an efficient and effective manner.
ADA COMPLIANCE; Reasonable modification and equal access to communications are provided upon request. Please call 512-369-6040 or e-mail CCR-BOD@capmetro.org if you need more information.
Board of directors meeting procedures:
- Members of the public may sign up to speak on any action item or topic outside the board meeting room prior to the board meeting. Copies of the posted board meeting agenda and request for comment forms will be available outside the board meeting room prior to the board meeting.
- Public comment on general topics will be received as the first item on the meeting agenda. Speakers may choose to address action items either during the public comment section at the beginning of the meeting or when an action item is before the board for consideration.
- Speakers who sign up to address an item on the consent agenda may address the board either during the public comment section at the beginning of the meeting or immediately prior to a vote on the consent agenda.
- Speakers will have 3 minutes to speak.
- Speakers who wish to address more than 1 action item or topic may request 5 minutes when they sign up to speak.
- If more than 1 member of a particular group has requested to speak, the group must select a single representative to present its view. In such a case, the group's representative will be allowed 5 minutes to speak.