Save money on gas and car costs and share the Ride! CapMetro makes it easy to find or form a shared ride, provides a vehicle and subsidizes groups that begin or end in its service area. Be part of the solution to pollution!
Ready to get started?
Visit our Rideshare partner - Enterprise or call 512-477-7433 (RIDE).
The program provides eligible groups of 4 to 12 riders with a month-to-month vanpool lease agreement, including insurance, maintenance, 24-hour roadside assistance and an optional fleet card for fuel that is billed monthly with the vanpool invoice.
The RideShare program is sponsored by CapMetro and operated by Enterprise, a national vanpool service provider. Together, we provide all the services necessary for you to enjoy a comfortable, convenient and economical commute to work.
Vanpool fares vary and are based on vehicle type, commute distance, group size, fuel prices and tolls. The monthly cost is shared by the number of riders. The RideShare Program provides groups with a monthly subsidy toward the monthly vanpool lease:
- In service area Groups receive a $500 monthly subsidy for commutes beginning and ending within the CapMetro Service Area.
- Out of service area Groups receive a $450 monthly subsidy for commutes beginning or ending inside the CapMetro Service Area.
Commuting with a vanpool group lets you take your time back during the ride to work, while gaining other program benefits:
- Save money Reduce wear and tear on your personal vehicle and save on gas, parking fees and insurance.
- Save time Use free time while commuting to read, sleep or get a head start on work by checking emails.
- Save the environment Eliminate 3 to 11 cars from the road per vanpool while also reducing emissions and your carbon footprint.
- Potential tax benefits Employers offering voluntary transportation benefits may receive pre-tax benefits through IRS code 132 (f).
- Reduce parking congestion Do your part to free up spaces in company parking lots.
- Sustainability Expand your company's environmental commitment.
- Guaranteed Ride Home • For an annual membership fee of $5, get reimbursed up to four alternate rides home per calendar year for unexpected emergencies while at work.
If you're worried about how you'll get home in case of an emergency and thus hesitant to take a vanpool, then we've got you covered. The Guaranteed Ride Home program provides registered Express, Flyer, Rail and RideShare customers with a taxi ride home from work in the event of an unexpected emergency. For an annual membership fee of $5, you can register and get reimbursed for up to 4 emergency taxi rides a year.