Capital Metro Provides Safe, Reliable Transit to Q2 Stadium
AUSTIN, TX (June 18, 2021) – Capital Metro has several options for fans to safely travel to Q2 Stadium for the upcoming soccer matches.
Ahead of Austin FC’s inaugural home game, the transit agency wants to ensure customers are aware of the public transit options available to travel to Q2. Capital Metro also wants to stress how customers and pedestrians can stay safe when heading to and from the soccer matches and the surrounding festivities near Braker Lane, Burnet Road and Kramer Lane.
To arrive at Q2 Stadium by bus, customers can use one of the following routes:
- MetroRapid 803 will operate at least every 10 minutes and drops off in front of the stadium. To help you get home quickly, extra MetroRapid vehicles will line up along Bright Verde Way when the game ends.
- MetroBus 3 will operate on its normal schedule and drops off in front of the stadium.
- MetroBus 83 will operate on increased frequency of 15 minutes between the two nearby Park & Rides: North Lamar Transit Center and Pavilion Park & Ride. The route drops off in front of the stadium.
- MetroBus 392 will operate on increased frequency of 20 minutes between Q2 Stadium and Tech Ridge Transit Center.
Customers can also use MetroRail to arrive at Q2 Stadium. Once at Kramer Station, fans should follow the signs leading to the stadium for the safest, most accessible and optimal walking path.
If fans don’t live near a route that goes to Q2, there are four recommended Park & Ride locations with routes to the stadium:
- North Lamar Transit Center
- Pavilion Park & Ride
- Tech Ridge Park & Ride
- Westgate Transit Center
Capital Metro wants customers and pedestrians to remember the following safety guidelines when traveling to and from the stadium:
Never cross the train tracks when exiting or entering the train
Always stay on and follow sidewalks to and from the rail station and stadium
Avoid walking close to or on the train tracks
Stay aware of surroundings and pay attention
For more information on how to travel to and from Q2 Stadium, visit capmetro.org/AustinFC.
# # #
Jenna Maxfield, 512-592-2171