Q2 Stadium Events May Disrupt MetroRail Schedules. See upcoming Q2 Stadium Events
Why fight traffic on your commute to and from work when you can use the time for something you'd rather be doing instead? Board a MetroRail train and watch the scenery, read, catch up with a friend or play on your phone with free onboard Wi-Fi.
MetroRail's 32-mile route is designed to take you to and from your destination, connecting downtown to North Austin to Leander. Whether you are commuting to work downtown, headed to UT or moving between any of the nine stations on the line, MetroRail is the comfortable, reliable way to get where you're going.
How to Ride MetroRail
Park & Ride
Check out our Park & Ride locations and look for Route 550 to be connected to a rail station.
Catch a Rail Connector
Most MetroRail stations are served by bus routes that can take you to your final destination, so you can ride the train and then seamlessly catch a quick bus ride to major employers, shopping and education destinations.
Connector buses will be waiting for you when you arrive via MetroRail at the following stations:
- Take the train to MLK Station and then hop on a Connector bus to take you to the UT campus (Route 465).
- At Kramer Station, Route 466 will take you to The Domain or UT's Pickle Research Campus.
Purchasing Your MetroRail Fare
New Ticket Vending Machines! CapMetro has installed new ticketing machines at MetroRail stations that feature more ways to pay, including credit or debit cards, as well as Apple Pay or Google Pay.
MetroRail includes a number of features that make every ride dependable and comfortable.
- Wi-Fi: Catch up on work or your social media with MetroRail's free Wi-Fi.
- Real-time data: Check your exact wait times on the digital signage at every MetroRail station. Access this real-time information from our Trip Planner, the CapMetro App and the GO Line at 512-474-1200.
- Bike racks: Each of our MetroRail trains has four available racks for you to store your bike while you ride.
Upcoming Q2 Stadium Events
CapMetro will operate Special Event Service for the following events at Q2 Stadium:
- Saturday, August 6, 2022 8 p.m. | (MetroRail Schedule)
- Saturday, August 13, 2022 8 p.m. | (MetroRail Schedule)
- Friday, August 26, 2022 7 p.m. | (Schedule pending)
- Wednesday, August 31, 2022 8 p.m. | (Schedule pending)
- Wednesday, September 14, 2022 TBD | (Schedule pending)
- Saturday, September 17, 2022 8 p.m. | (Schedule pending)
- Sunday, October 9, 2022 4 p.m. | (Schedule pending)
Red Line Route Schedule
Special Event Service
Special event service will disrupt regular MetroRail service on Austin FC game days and for other events at Q2 Stadium.
Red Line Route Map
Downtown Station now open!