Reduced Fare ID Card program
"The Reduced Fare ID (RFID) Card enables eligible riders to receive a half-price fare. The card costs $3 and is good for 2 years.
The following groups are eligible for this card:
- Seniors 65 and older
- Medicare card holders
- Active-duty military personnel
- Riders with disabilities (see eligibility guidelines)
Eligible riders must have the RFID Card with them in order to receive the reduced fare. Lost, stolen or damaged cards cost $3 to replace for the first 2 replacements. The 3rd replacement costs $6. You can replace your card at the Transit Store.
Kids 6-18 ride free with their school ID. Or, they can obtain a Capital Metro Student ID at the Transit Store.
How to apply
There are several ways to get an application for an RFID Card:
- Pick up an application at the Transit Store.
- Call 512-389-7475 and request an application in the mail.
- Download the application from one of the following locations:
- A valid government-issued ID, Texas photo ID or Texas drivers' license is needed.
How to use your RFID Card to board the bus
To use your RFID Card:
1. Tap the RFID on the target area of the farebox. Be prepared to show your ID to the bus operator, if requested.
2. If purchasing a day pass, tell the driver before you insert exact cash fare or pay with a Stored Value Card. If you already have a pass, swipe your pass through the card reader.
How to renew your RFID card
RFID cards must be renewed every two years. Please stop by the Transit Store to take an updated photo for the card weekdays between 8:30a.m. and 4:30p.m. - no appointment is necessary. Renewal processing is not available by phone or online.
Questions? Call our Customer Service GO Line at 512-474-1200 or email us at email@example.com.