Need to transfer? Make sure you buy the right pass before you hit the road. All Day Passes, 7-Day or 31-Day Passes allow unlimited transfers for fare levels of equal or lower value.*
But, if you're riding and have only a Single Ride Pass, you will need to pay another fare when transferring to another bus. For all other passes, there is no procedure for transferring between services. Simply swipe your pass as you would any other time.
Our High-Frequency Network
- with its more direct routes and better connections
- requires our riders to transfer from one route to another more often. The great thing about the new network is that it's designed to make that a simpler process. With those better-connected routes operating every 15 minutes, 7 days a week, you'll
have to wait at a bus stop less because your next bus is likely less than 15 minutes away.
The Trip Planner
is your best guide to knowing which bus to take and which route to
transfer to. Some tips:
- It tells you which route or routes are your best choice.
- It includes walking time to and from the bus stops and directions for how to locate the stop.
- You have options to print out or share the trip plan with someone you're riding with.
- Buy your pass directly in the CapMetro App or from our Online Marketplace.
*For instance, if you have a Commuter Day Pass, that qualifies you to transfer between both Commuter and Local services. However, if you have a Local Day Pass, you're allowed to transfer between Local buses only. If you then want to take MetroRail
or a MetroExpress bus, you would need to purchase the Commuter fare.