Q2 Events May Disrupt MetroRail Schedules. See upcoming Q2 Events
Why fight traffic on your commute to and from work when you can use the time for something you'd rather be doing instead? Board a MetroRail train and watch the scenery, read, catch up with a friend or play on your phone with free onboard Wi-Fi.
MetroRail's 32-mile route is designed to take you to and from your destination, connecting downtown to North Austin to Leander. Whether you are commuting to work downtown, headed to UT or moving between any of the nine stations on the line, MetroRail is the comfortable, reliable way to get where you're going.
How to Ride MetroRail
Park & Ride
Check out our Park & Ride locations and look for Route 550 to be connected to a rail station.
Catch a Rail Connector
Most MetroRail stations are served by bus routes that can take you to your final destination, so you can ride the train and then seamlessly catch a quick bus ride to major employers, shopping and education destinations.
Connector buses will be waiting for you when you arrive via MetroRail at the following stations:
- Take the train to MLK Station and then hop on a Connector bus to take you to the UT campus (Route 465).
- At Kramer Station, Route 466 will take you to The Domain or UT's Pickle Research Campus.
Purchasing Your MetroRail Fare
New Ticket Vending Machines! CapMetro has installed new ticketing machines at MetroRail stations that feature more ways to pay, including credit or debit cards, as well as Apple Pay or Google Pay.
MetroRail includes a number of features that make every ride dependable and comfortable.
- Wi-Fi: Catch up on work or your social media with MetroRail's free Wi-Fi.
- Real-time data: Check your exact wait times on the digital signage at every MetroRail station. Access this real-time information from our Trip Planner, the CapMetro App and the GO Line at 512-474-1200.
- Bike racks: Each of our MetroRail trains has four available racks for you to store your bike while you ride.
Upcoming Q2 Stadium Events
Capital Metro will operate Special Event Service for the following events at Q2 Stadium:
- Thursday, July 29 at 6:30 p.m. (CONCACAF Gold Cup) | MetroRail Schedule
- Saturday, July 31 at 8 p.m. | MetroRail Schedule
- Wednesday, August 4 at 8 p.m. | MetroRail Schedule
- Wednesday, August 18 at 8 p.m. | MetroRail Schedule
- Saturday, August 21 at 8 p.m. | MetroRail Schedule
- Sunday, August 29 at 7 p.m. | MetroRail Schedule
- Wednesday, September 15 at 8 p.m. | MetroRail Schedule
- Saturday, September 18 8 p.m. | MetroRail Schedule
- Sunday, September 26 TBD | MetroRail Schedule
- Saturday, October 2 at 2:30 p.m. | MetroRail Schedule
- Thursday, October 7 (World Cup Qualifier) at 6:30 p.m. | MetroRail Schedule
- Saturday, October 16 at 8 p.m. | MetroRail Schedule
- Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. | Schedule coming soon
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 9 p.m. | Schedule coming soon
Red Line Route Schedule
MetroRail Suspension, 7/10-7/18
Maintenance work will disrupt MetroRail service for one week in July. MetroRail will not operate from Saturday, July 10 to Sunday, July 18. See our Service Alert for details and bus alternatives.
Weekend MetroRail Service
MetroRail Saturday service has returned! Service begins at about 10 a.m. and operates until after midnight.
Notice: Special event service will disrupt regular MetroRail service on Austin FC game days and for other events at Q2 Stadium. Find updated schedules here.
Red Line Route Map
Downtown Station now open!