Working late? Out for a night on the town? Whether you live here or are just visiting, CapMetro offers safe and inexpensive options for traveling at night. Consider taking our special late-night Night Owl service to get to and from your destination safely.
UT and ACC Students and Staff
Did you know you can ride CapMetro for free, no matter the hour?
- UT students and staff - ride free with a valid school ID
- ACC students and staff - apply for a green pass to ride free
Night Owl Routes
The Night Owl service operates year-round from midnight until 3 a.m., Monday through Saturday nights. Buses run between popular late-night destinations on 6th Street and local neighborhoods every 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the route. A Single Ride on the Night Owl bus costs $1.25.
- 485 Night Owl Cameron Route
- 481 Night Owl North Lamar Route
- 483 Night Owl Riverside Route
- 484 Night Owl South Lamar Route
- 486 Night Owl South Congress Route
More Late-Night Options
You can also ride CapMetro Rail, CapMetro Rapid or the local Bus to get to and from your destination. These regular services end earlier than the Night Owl routes, but service is sometimes extended during special events.
- Rail operates between downtown and Leander until after midnight on Friday and Saturday nights (last departure from downtown is at about 12:15 a.m.). A Single Ride on Rail costs $3.50.
- Rapid service runs until about midnight, 7 days a week, with service at least every 20 minutes after 8 p.m. A Single Ride on Rapid costs $1.25. Route 801 runs between Tech Ridge and Southpark Meadows, and Route 803 runs between The Domain and Westgate.
- Bus operates throughout the city. Service ends between 10 p.m. and midnight, depending on the route. A Single Ride on MetroBus is $1.25.
A Safe Ride Home
Looking for all the safe ride options? Check out SoberRides.org and leave your car at home.