The Capital Area Rural Transportation System (CARTS) provides regional transportation for a 7,200-square-mile area surrounding Austin. Its district extends into Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Travis and Williamson counties. CARTS offers fixed-route bus service, non-emergency medical transportation and other services of varying frequency.
CapMetro partners with CARTS to provide transportation services to riders who live outside of our Service Area. CARTS offers regional and intercity connections, with routes that connect to CapMetro's service. Those connections allow CARTS customers to travel to and within Austin and elsewhere in the CapMetro Service Area.
Senior Transit Service Options
The following senior transportation solutions are provided in Austin and surrounding areas (CapMetro doesn't operate all services listed):
- Reduced Fare ID: Half price fare on all services for those aged 65 or older
- Pickup: Low cost, on-demand rides within select neighborhoods
- CARTS: Public transit in rural areas surrounding Austin
- Senior Rider's Guide: Helpful guidelines and resources from the Office of Mobility Management
- Senior Transportation from PARD: The City of Austin provides donation-based rides to seniors.