CapMetro Service for July 4th
It’s 4th of July in Austin and that means fireworks and the Austin Symphony Orchestra by the river, plus Willie Nelson at Q2 Stadium for the first time! Get down to Auditorium Shores or up to Willie’s Picnic on CapMetro. And it’s FREE after 5 p.m.!
CapMetro will run a Sunday-level service on Independence Day, Monday, July 4, and there will be detours around downtown and Lady Bird Lake. MetroRail will operate on a special schedule serving Q2 Stadium.
Fireworks at Auditorium Shores
Getting to Auditorium Shores for the fireworks can be rough, sitting in the traffic and finding a spot to park. But if you take CapMetro to the show, you can leave the hassle to us and relax knowing that a great time is all you have to think about.
We’ve got several bus routes that’ll take you to the fireworks show:
- MetroBus Route 1 North Lamar/South Congress
- MetroBus Route 3 Burnet/Menchaca
- MetroBus Route 7 Duval/Dove Springs
- MetroBus Route 10 South 1st/Red River
- MetroBus Route 20 Manor Road/Riverside
- MetroBus Route 30 Barton Creek Square
- MetroRapid Route 801 North Lamar/South Congress
- MetroRapid Route 803 Burnet/South Lamar
After the show, riders heading north of the river will need to walk to Lavaca and 4th Streets to catch their bus.
Those heading south can go to one of the following stops:
- Routes 1, 10 and 801 at Congress and Barton Springs
- Routes 7 and 20 at Riverside and Congress
- Routes 3, 30 and 803 at Cesar Chavez and West
Willie Nelson's Concert at Q2 Stadium
It’ll be a night of firsts on the fourth for sure:
- First Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic since the pandemic
- First 4th of July Picnic at Q2 Stadium
- First live music show of any kind at the stadium
- First time you’ll get to take the train directly to a combined Willie show and fireworks spectacular!
And like any event at the home of Austin FC, CapMetro is the best way to get there. Our MetroRail trains will bring you to and from the stadium from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., with frequent service throughout the day.
Please note that trains from each direction will stop at Kramer Station and not run the entire length of the MetroRail line. There will be no direct service from Leander Station to Downtown Station.
We're also increasing frequency on July 4th for routes near Q2 Stadium. Even if the following routes aren't near you, there are plenty of ways to connect in our system by other routes or through the two nearby Park & Rides.
- MetroRapid 803 will operate every 10-15 minutes and drops off in front of the stadium. To help you get home quickly, extra MetroRapid vehicles will line up along Bright Verde Way when the show ends.
- MetroBus 3 will operate on its normal schedule and drops off in front of the stadium.
- MetroBus 383 will operate on increased frequency of 15 minutes between the two nearby Park & Rides, North Lamar Transit Center and Pavilion Park & Ride. The route drops off in front of the stadium.
- MetroBus 392 will operate every 30-35 minutes between Q2 Stadium and Tech Ridge Park & Ride.