Everyone knows Austin loves live music, and so what better way for us to keep this culture alive than with live musical performances? In collaboration with the city of Austin, the Health Alliance for Austin Musicians and the Downtown Austin Alliance, Capital Metro is bringing MetroMusic to a bus stop near you this summer.
All through the summer, local musicians will perform at bus stops throughout the city, with the goal of making your day a bit more fun and doing our part to support local musicians. Musicians will conduct pop-up performances this summer.
If you're interested in participating in MetroMusic, please complete the form below for consideration.
Important Note!Please read the details and instructions for the program.
Details and Instructions
Any individual performer, band or other musical ensemble who resides in the Austin area is eligible to apply. All styles of musical expression - instrumental and/or vocal, composed and/or improvised - are encouraged, including but not limited to classical, mariachi, country, pop/rock, folk, hip-hop, conjunto, jazz, etc.
Capital Metro envisions community supportive music that the random passerby could selectively enjoy or reasonably tune out. Some music would be acoustic.
All musicians must supply their own equipment, though no amplification is allowed. Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Artistic merit
- Flexibility with regard to weather
- Appropriateness to the Capital Metro environment and our mission
Performance times will be in 60-minute sets, and payment will be made using PayPal.
A. All artists must do the following:
- Give a short description of your proposed performance (genre).
- Completed application
- Names of performers for program notes and/or publicity.
- A description of you and/or your group for program notes and/or publicity, in 50 words or fewer.
- Social media usernames for promotional purposes.
- A signed agreement form.
B. Capital Metro does not assume responsibility for damage to or loss of any material submitted for these open calls.
C. The selected artists will be informed by phone and/or email.
If you're interested in participating in MetroMusic, please complete the online application. Also, if you have any questions about CapMetro's open call, please email Jesse.Marroquin@CapMetro.org.
Capital Metro will create a pool of potential performers, comprising those who apply and meet the application criteria. We will then contact members of the pool to invite to MetroMusic events, as they become available. Capital Metro reserves the right to select the musical act that it deems most appropriate for any given location. However, we will try to rotate invitations throughout the pool.
Musicians who turn down the opportunity at the time of initial invitation will not be penalized by Capital Metro. However, musicians who accept an invitation and cancel without giving 48 hours' notice or who do not show up will be removed from the pool.
- Participating performers assume responsibility for any and all instruments, stands and other equipment they bring. Capital Metro takes no responsibility and holds no liability for injury, damage or loss of property to anyone during these performance times and events.
- Performers are responsible for arriving at the time agreed upon with Capital Metro, with the same set of musicians and music submitted in the applications (i.e., if you submit to play as a jazz combo, you show up with a combo and play jazz).
- Performers must sign a waiver indemnifying Capital Metro from any loss or damage that occurs leading up to, during or following performances.
Capital Metro will retain the right to use photographs or videotaped images of performers and artists rehearsing or in performance for publicity and other non-commercial purposes.