Capital Metro to Host Series of Virtual Community Meetings
AUSTIN, Texas - Capital Metro will host a series of virtual community meetings with Capital Metro board members and Austin City Council members, as an alternative to in-person meetings that were planned for this spring.
Anyone can join the community meetings via Zoom links published to ProjectConnect.com or view live streams on Capital Metro's Facebook page. There will be opportunities to participate in polling surveys and ask questions during a roundtable discussion.
During the meetings, participants can expect to discuss the Project Connect Recommended System Plan and how it could benefit the Austin community.
All meetings will be close-captioned for the hearing impaired.
This series of community meetings is in addition to the virtual open house that will stay live 24/7 on the Project Connect website until May 31.
WHAT: Capital Metro to host a series of Virtual Community Meetings with the City of Austin.
- Friday, May 15 at 2 p.m. with Greg Casar, City Council Member, Dist. 4; and Leslie Pool, City Council member, Dist. 7
- Monday, May 18 at 1 p.m. with Natasha Harper-Madison, City Council Member, Dist. 1; and Jeffrey Travillion, Capital Metro Board Member and Travis County Commissioner, Precinct 1
- Tuesday, May 19 at 5 p.m. with Kathie Tovo, City Council Member, Dist. 9; and Wade Cooper, Capital Metro Board Chair
- Wednesday, May 20 at 11 a.m. with Jimmy Flannigan, City Council Member, Dist. 6; Troy Hill, Capital Metro Board Member and Mayor of Leander; and Eric Stratton, Capital Metro Board Secretary
- Wednesday, May 20 at 5 p.m. with Alison Alter, City Council Member, Dist. 10; and Terry Mitchell, Capital Metro Board Member
- Tuesday, May 26 at 11 a.m. with Steve Adler, Austin Mayor; and Wade Cooper, Capital Metro Board Chair
- Thursday, May 28 at 6 p.m. with Ann Kitchen, Capital Metro Board Member and City Council Member, Dist. 5; and Paige Ellis, City Council Member, Dist. 8
- Friday, May 29 at 2 p.m. with Delia Garza, Capital Metro Board Vice Chair and Mayor Pro Tem, Dist. 2; and Sabino “Pio” Renteria, Capital Metro Board Member and City Council Member, Dist. 3
WHERE: Meetings can be joined through Facebook Live or Zoom links published to ProjectConnect.com.
# # #
Jenna Maxfield, 512-592-2171