CapMetro to Host Series of Virtual Community Meetings
AUSTIN, Texas - CapMetro will host a series of virtual community meetings with CapMetro board members and Austin City Council members, as an alternative to in-person meetings that were planned for this spring.
Anyone can join the community meetings via Zoom links published to ProjectConnect.com or view live streams on CapMetro's Facebook page. There will be opportunities to participate in polling surveys and ask questions during a roundtable discussion.
During the meetings, participants can expect to discuss the Project Connect Recommended System Plan and how it could benefit the Austin community.
All meetings will be close-captioned for the hearing impaired.
This series of community meetings is in addition to the virtual open house that will stay live 24/7 on the Project Connect website until May 31.
WHAT: CapMetro to host a series of Virtual Community Meetings with the City of Austin.
- Friday, May 15 at 2 p.m. with Greg Casar, City Council Member, Dist. 4; and Leslie Pool, City Council member, Dist. 7
- Monday, May 18 at 1 p.m. with Natasha Harper-Madison, City Council Member, Dist. 1; and Jeffrey Travillion, CapMetro Board Member and Travis County Commissioner, Precinct 1
- Tuesday, May 19 at 5 p.m. with Kathie Tovo, City Council Member, Dist. 9; and Wade Cooper, CapMetro Board Chair
- Wednesday, May 20 at 11 a.m. with Jimmy Flannigan, City Council Member, Dist. 6; Troy Hill, CapMetro Board Member and Mayor of Leander; and Eric Stratton, CapMetro Board Secretary
- Wednesday, May 20 at 5 p.m. with Alison Alter, City Council Member, Dist. 10; and Terry Mitchell, CapMetro Board Member
- Tuesday, May 26 at 11 a.m. with Steve Adler, Austin Mayor; and Wade Cooper, CapMetro Board Chair
- Thursday, May 28 at 6 p.m. with Ann Kitchen, CapMetro Board Member and City Council Member, Dist. 5; and Paige Ellis, City Council Member, Dist. 8
- Friday, May 29 at 2 p.m. with Delia Garza, CapMetro Board Vice Chair and Mayor Pro Tem, Dist. 2; and Sabino “Pio” Renteria, CapMetro Board Member and City Council Member, Dist. 3
WHERE: Meetings can be joined through Facebook Live or Zoom links published to ProjectConnect.com.
# # #
Jenna Maxfield, 512-592-2171