Capital Metro to Open Vehicle Capacity as Community Reaches Stage 2 Milestone
AUSTIN, Texas (May 18, 2021) - Beginning Wednesday, May 19, Capital Metro will immediately open all vehicles to full capacity, with the exception of MetroAccess, as our community enters Stage 2 COVID-19. The agency is encouraged to see the community reach this milestone and looks forward to continuing to welcome customers back on all services.
Customers are reminded that masks are still required on all Capital Metro services, per federal regulation. Additionally, Capital Metro is continuing the following procedures to keep our customers, operators and community safe:
- Electrostatic cleaning. This advanced cleaning process sprays electrostatically charged mist throughout the vehicle to ensure surfaces are sanitized.
- Air purifiers. Installed on board our vehicles, these devices utilize UV light and safe levels of naturally occurring hydroperoxides to eliminate 99% of germs, microbes, viruses and bacteria in air and on surfaces to increase air quality and safety for ridership.
- Cashless and contact-free payment. CapMetro has introduced new ways to pay to allow customers to ride even more safely and easily. Learn more about buying fares using the CapMetro App, cash to mobile and with our brand new Tap cards.
- Masks for staff and customers. While we encourage you to always remember your mask when leaving the house, CapMetro has them available in case you forget. Face masks are required for all customers and staff on CapMetro buses and trains.
- Vinyl seat upgrades. In addition to our new cleaning technology, we have upgraded our seats from fabric covers to vinyl, making them easier to clean.
- Hand sanitizer. For your convenience, hand sanitizing stations are available on our vehicles to use as you enter and exit your ride.
# # #
Samantha Alexander, 636-221-2195